JIRA has amazing and exceptionally productive pursuit functionalities. A client can look through issues across Projects, Versions and Components utilizing different inquiry types. JIRA permits sparing the inquiry measures to use next time as channels; even these channels can be shared by others too.
Types of Searching Options
JIRA has two or three basic approaches to look through issues. The most significant ones are as per the following.
- Fundamental Search
- Brisk Search
Let us currently comprehend both of these pursuit types in detail.
Essential Search in JIRA is an easy to use interface that can be utilized effectively to discover the issues. It utilizes the JQL inquiries in the backend. To do an essential inquiry in JIRA, the client needs to follow the means given underneath.
Stage 1 − Navigate to issues → Search Issues. The accompanying screen capture tells the best way to get to the Search for Issues include −
Stage 2 − A hunt page shows. On the off chance that it has any current Search measures, at that point click on the New Filter to reset it. The accompanying screen capture tells the best way to characterize another pursuit standards.
Stage 3 − Set the inquiry rules against various fields like Project, Type, Status and Assigned. At that point click on More and select any field to look with extra fields. The accompanying screen capture shows what all measures' can be set to look through issues.
Stage 4 − If the client needs to look against a particular book, catchphrases, begin composing in the Contains content box. The accompanying screen capture tells the best way to look through explicit content in issues.
Stage 5 − A client can utilize trump cards or administrators in all content based fields to look through explicit strings. For instance −
- Single character trump card - te?t
- Different characters special case – win*
- Boolean administrators - "atlassian jira" || intersection
In view of various inquiry rules, the accompanying outcome is shown. The accompanying screen capture shows the rundown of looked through issues.
How to Save a Search
To spare the looked through models, the client ought to follow the means given underneath.
Stage 1 − Click on Save As at the highest point of the page. The accompanying screen capture tells the best way to spare the quest standards for sometime later.
Stage 2 − Type the channel name and snap on Submit. The accompanying screen capture tells the best way to give a name of new inquiry measures before sparing.
Stage 3 − A Filter will show up on the left half of the Search Page under the Favorite channels and it will have a couple of alternatives like – Rename, Delete, Copy and Remove from Favorites. The accompanying screen capture shows the spared search standards and the accessible activities to perform.
The brisk hunt is the quickest method to characterize search standards. It is a book box where the client enters the key, content or anything and it begins scanning for the specific matches in the present undertaking and gives the outcome.
The Quick Search box is accessible on the upper right hand corner of the guide. The accompanying screen capture tells the best way to get to the Quick Search include.Smart Querying
The snappy pursuit choice performs savvy look with insignificant composing. It perceives the accompanying word and gives out a few alternatives to the client to pick.
- my − This word look through issues doled out to the signed in client.
The accompanying screen capture shows diverse savvy questioning in a snappy pursuit.
The absolute most regularly utilized brilliant questioning alternatives are as per the following −
- r:me − Finds issues announced by the signed in client.
- r:abc − Finds issues revealed by client – abc.
- r:none − Finds issues with no columnist.
- <project name> or <project key> − Finds issues inside the given task name or discovers issues having a similar undertaking key.
- Late − Finds issues those are late before today.
- Made:, refreshed:, due: − These keen pursuits discovers issues with Created, Updated, or Due Date utilizing the prefixes made:, refreshed:, or due:, individually. For the date extend, use today, tomorrow, yesterday, a solitary date run (for example '- 1w'), or two date ranges (for example '- 1w,1w'). Date ranges can't have spaces between them. Substantial date/time contractions are: 'w' (week), 'd' (day), 'h' (hour), 'm' (minute).
- C: − Finds issues with a specific segment.
- V: − Finds issues with a specific variant.
- Ff: − Finds issues with a Fixed For adaptation.
- * − Wildcard can be used with any of the above questions to discover issues.