JIRA Bug Life Cycle
JIRA bug life cycle is otherwise called an imperfection life cycle. The bug life cycle comprises of a lot of states that a bug experiences. The quantity of states that the bug experiences shifts from venture to extend. We can characterize the bug as a mistake, imperfection or we can say that when the real yield doesn't coordinate with the normal yield, it is known as bug or deformity. Both the terms, i.e., bug and imperfection are normally utilized yet the most well known is a bug. A bug can be produced at any phase of the SDLC(Software Development Life Cycle), it could exist in necessities gathering, structuring stage where SRS report is planned, improvement stage, testing stage or client acknowledgment testing done by the end-client at the hour of utilizing the application.
A bug has its life cycle from the moment that the bug is signed in to the point the bug is shut. Bug experiences the accompanying states:
During the hour of the testing stage, the bug or deformity is distinguished by the analyzer and it is signed in to the bug following device, for example, Jira, Bugzilla, and so on. The bug which is recognized by the analyzer will be posted without precedent for a bug following device. This status is relegated as a New status.
Bug with New status is allocated to the product designers and they will investigate the bug to check whether the bug is legitimate or invalid. On the off chance that the bug is invalid, at that point they change the status to invalid. On the off chance that the bug is substantial, at that point the status is changed to alloted then the product designers begin chipping away at the deformity to get fixed.
At the point when the bug is allocated to the product engineers then they begin examining on it and chips away at the imperfection fix. The bug or deformity can be opened in three phases:
- On the off chance that the imperfection is rehashed twice or the deformity relates to a similar idea of the past bug, at that point it changes the status to Duplicate.
- On the off chance that the designer feels that the imperfection is anything but a certified deformity, at that point it changes the status to Rejected.
- On the off chance that the bug isn't of higher need and can be understood in the following discharge, at that point the status changes to Deferred. The conceded state is otherwise called defer state.
At the point when an engineer makes a vital code changes and confirms the change, at that point he/she can make the bug status as fixed. At the point when the bug is fixed by the engineers then the status is changed to either Reopened or Verified.
When the bug is fixed by the product engineers then it is alloted back to the testing group to check whether the bug has been fixed or not.
On the off chance that the bug endures considerably after the engineer has fixed the bug, at that point analyzer changes the status to Reopen and indeed bug experiences the entire bug life cycle.
The analyzer retests the bug after it got fixed by the designer in the event that no bug discovered, at that point it changes the status to Verified.
On the off chance that the bug is does not exist anymore, at that point it changes the status to Closed.
Participants of Bug life cycle
- Bug Reporter
- The individual who distinguishes the bug is known as Bug Reporter. Bug correspondent approves the bug and enters all the bug related subtleties into the bug following apparatus, for example, right subject, bug need, application part, test condition, bug chosen one, bug portrayal. At the point when required, the analyzer needs to send the appended screen capture to explain the bug subtleties.
- Bug following device
- A bug can be signed in to the bug following device and bug following apparatus can be Jira, Bugzilla, Assembla, and so on.
- Bug Group
- Bug Group is a gathering of individuals who can see the bug subtleties. Bug Group can incorporate analyzer or end client who revealed the bug, the designers to whom the bug is relegated, venture chief, QA administrator.
- Bug Owner
- Bug proprietor is the individual who surveys and possesses the bug. Bug proprietor checks whether the bug data is adequate or not, on the off chance that not, at that point the bug is allocated back to the bug correspondent to give more data. In view of the needs given to the bug, Bug proprietor takes the responsibility for bug and get fixed it inside the cutoff time.