While updating, you need to consider the rendition number and the organization. There are three kinds of configurations - MAJOR, MINOR, PATCH.
- Significant rendition involves incongruent API changes.
- MINOR rendition involves usefulness in a retrogressive viable way.
- PTCH form involves in reverse viable bug fixes.
To synchronize among minor and significant renditions, you may have to fare and import the information bases. Now and then you many need to move the information base from LOCAL to PLOCAL and have to move the diagram to RidBag.
Move from LOCAL Storage Engine to PLOCAL
Beginning from form 1.5.x OrientDB accompanies a pristine stockpiling motor: PLOCAL (Paginated LOCAL). It's steady similar to the LOCAL, however stores data in an alternate way. Following focuses show the correlation among PLOCAL and LOCAL −
- In PLOCAL Records are put away in group documents, while with LOCAL was part among bunch and information sections.
- PLOCAL is more solid than LOCAL on account of the add on-compose mode.
- PLOCAL has minor dispute bolts on composes, which implies more simultaneousness.
- PLOCAL doesn't utilize Memory Mapping strategies (MMap) so the conduct is more "unsurprising".
To relocate your LOCAL stockpiling to the new PLOCAL, you need to fare and re-import the data set utilizing PLOCAL as capacity motor. Following is the technique.
Stage 1 − Open another shell (Linux/Mac) or a Command Prompt (Windows).
Stage 2 − Export the information base utilizing the reassure. Follow the provided order to trade information base demo into demo.json.gzip document.
$ bin/console.sh (or bin/console.bat under Windows) orientdb> CONNECT DATABASE local:/temp/demo admin admin orientdb> EXPORT DATABASE /temp/demo.json.gzip orientdb> DISCONNECT
Stage 3 − On a nearby filesystem, make another information base utilizing the "plocal" motor −
orientdb> CREATE DATABASE plocal:/temp/newdb admin admin plocal graph
Stage 4 − Import the old data set to the enhanced one.
orientdb> IMPORT DATABASE /temp/demo.json.gzip -preserveClusterIDs=true orientdb> QUIT
In the event that you access the data set in a similar JVM, make sure to change the URL from "nearby:" to "plocal:"
Migrate Graph to RidBag
As of OrientDB 1.7, the RidBag is a default assortment that oversees nearness relations in charts. While the more established information base oversaw by a MVRB-Tree are completely viable, you can refresh your data set to the later configuration.
You can overhaul your diagram through comfort or utilizing the ORidBagMigration class.
- Associate with information base CONNECT plocal:databases/<graphdb-name>
- Run overhaul diagram order