Property in OrientDB works like a field of class and segment in the data set table. Make Property is an order used to make a property for a specific class. The class name that you utilized in the order should exist.
The accompanying assertion is the essential language structure of Create Property order.
CREATE PROPERTY <class-name>.<property-name> <property-type> [<linked-type>][ <linked-class>]
Following are the insights concerning the choices in the above sentence structure.
- <class-name> − Defines the class you need to make the property in.
- <property-name> − Defines the sensible name of the property.
- <property-type> − Defines the kind of property you need to make.
- <linked-type> − Defines the holder type, utilized in compartment property type.
- <linked-class> − Defines the holder class, utilized in compartment property type.
The accompanying table gives the information type to property so OrientDB knows the kind of information to store.
Notwithstanding these there are a few other property types that fill in as compartments.
Attempt the accompanying guide to make a property name on the class Employee, of the String type.
orientdb> CREATE PROPERTY Employee.name STRING
On the off chance that the above question is executed effectively, you will get the accompanying yield.
Property created successfully with id = 1