STLC represents Software Testing Life Cycle. STLC is a grouping of various exercises performed by the testing group to guarantee the nature of the product or the item.
- STLC is a vital piece of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Be that as it may, STLC manages the testing stages.
- STLC begins when necessities are characterized or SRD (Software Requirement Document) is shared by partners.
- STLC gives a bit by bit procedure to guarantee quality programming.
- In the beginning period of STLC, while the product or the item is creating, the analyzer can investigate and characterize the extent of testing, passage and leave criteria and furthermore the Test Cases. It assists with lessening the test process duration alongside better quality.
- When the advancement stage is finished, the analyzers are prepared with experiments and start with execution. This assists with discovering bugs in the underlying stage.
STLC has the accompanying various stages yet it isn't compulsory to follow all stages. Stages are reliant on the idea of the product or the item, time and assets allotted for the testing and the model of SDLC that will be followed.
There are 6 significant periods of STLC −
- Prerequisite Analysis − When the SRD is prepared and imparted to the partners, the testing group begins significant level examination concerning the AUT (Application under Test).
- Test Planning − Test Team designs the methodology and approach.
- Experiment Designing − Develop the experiments dependent on scope and criteria's.
- Test Environment Setup − When incorporated condition is prepared to approve the item.
- Test Execution − Real-time approval of item and discovering bugs.
- Test Closure − Once testing is finished, grid, reports, results are archived.