Any relational database has a typical schema design that suggests range of tables and the connection between those tables. While in MongoDB, there may be no idea of courting.
Advantages of MongoDB over RDBMS
- Schema less − MongoDB is a record database in which one series holds exclusive documents. Number of fields, content and length of the report can range from one file to another.
- Structure of a unmarried object is clear.
- No complex joins.
- Deep question-ability. MongoDB helps dynamic queries on files the usage of a report-primarily based question language it truly is nearly as powerful as SQL.
- Ease of scale-out − MongoDB is simple to scale.
- Conversion/mapping of software items to database objects no longer wished.
- Uses inner reminiscence for storing the (windowed) running set, permitting faster get right of entry to of data.
Why Use MongoDB?
- Document Oriented Storage − Data is saved in the form of JSON style documents.
- Index on any characteristic
- Replication and high availability
- Rich queries
- Fast in-area updates
- Professional help by MongoDB
Where to Use MongoDB?
- Big Data
- Content Management and Delivery
- Mobile and Social Infrastructure
- User Data Management
- Data Hub