There are various advantages of using agile methodology over traditional waterfall model or others. Agile development methodology and testing practices have worked wonders for numerous organizations with positive aspects. Its positive aspects are not hidden, it is very much visible in the organization.
Advantages of Agile Methodology
- Customer satisfaction is rapid, continuous development and delivery of useful software.
- Customer, Developer, and Product Owner interact regularly to emphasize rather than processes and tools.
- Product is developed fast and frequently delivered (weeks rather than months.)
- A face-to-face conversation is the best form of communication.
- It continuously gave attention to technical excellence and good design.
- Daily and close cooperation between business people and developers.
- Regular adaptation to changing circumstances.
- Even late changes in requirements are welcomed.
Disadvantages of Agile methodology:
- It is not useful for small development projects.
- There is a lack of intensity on necessary designing and documentation.
- It requires an expert project member to take crucial decisions in the meeting.
- Cost of Agile development methodology is slightly more as compared to other development methodology.
- The project can quickly go out off track if the project manager is not clear about requirements and what outcome he/she wants.