Abinitio Interview Questions and Answers
Q1. What does dependency analysis mean in Ab Initio?
Ans: Dependency analysis will answer the questions concerning datalinage.That is in which does the data come from,what applications prodeuce and rely upon this records etc.
We can retrieve the maximum (surrogate key) from the prevailing records,the by way of the use of scan or next_in_sequence/reformat we can generate further sequence for brand new records.
Q2. What is de-partition in Abinitio?
Ans: De-partition is carried out with a view to read records from more than one waft or operations and are used to re-be a part of facts records from distinct flows. There are several de-partition additives to be had which includes Gather, Merge, Interleave, and Concatenation.
Q3. What is a local research?
• Local lookup file has facts which can be positioned in important reminiscence
• They use transform characteristic for retrieving statistics lots quicker than retrieving from the disk.
Q4. What is a ramp restriction?
• A limit is an integer parameter which represents some of reject activities
• Ramp parameter contain a actual number representing a price of reject occasions of certain processed data
• The formulation is – No. Of horrific facts allowed = restrict + no. Of statistics x ramp
• A ramp is a percent fee from 0 to 1.
• These offers the threshold price of terrible information.
Q5. What does dependency evaluation imply in Abinitio?
Ans: In Abinitio, dependency analysis is a process through which the EME examines a challenge totally and lines how information is transferred and transformed- from issue-to-issue, discipline-through-discipline, inside and among graphs.
Q6. When the usage of a couple of DML statements to perform a single unit of labor, is it preferable to apply implicit or explicit transactions, and why?
Ans: Because implicit is using for internal processing and explicit is the usage of for user open information requied.
Q7.Explain what is SANDBOX?
Ans: A SANDBOX is referred for the gathering of graphs and related documents which are saved in a unmarried directory tree and behaves as a group for the purposes of navigation, model manipulate, and migration.
Q8. How do you add default rules in transformer?
Ans: The following is the manner to feature default guidelines in transformer
Double click at the remodel parameter inside the parameter tab web page in factor properties
Click on Edit menu in Transform editor
Select Add Default Rules from the dropdown list container.
It suggests Match Names and Wildcard options. Select both of them.
Q9. What is the role of Co-operating device in Abinitio?
Ans: The Abinitio co-running machine offer functions like Manage and run Abinitio graph and manage the ETL processes.
Provide Abinitio extensions to the running system
ETL tactics monitoring and debugging
Meta-statistics control and interaction with the EME
Q10. Describe the Grant/Revoke DDL facility and how it's far implemented?
Ans: Basically,This is part of D.B.A obligations GRANT way permissions as an instance GRANT CREATE TABLE ,CREATE VIEW AND MANY MORE .
REVOKE method cancel the provide (permissions).So,Grant or Revoke both commands rely upon D.B.A.
Q11. State the first_defined function with an example.
Ans: This characteristic is just like the feature NVL() in Oracle database
It plays the primary values which aren't null amongst other values to be had inside the feature and assigns to the variable
Example: A set of variables, say v1,v2,v3,v4,v5,v6 are assigned with NULL.
Another variable num is assigned with cost 340 (num=340)
num = first_defined(NULL, v1,v2,v3,v4,v5,v6,NUM)
The result of num is 340
Q12. Explain what's the architecture of Abinitio?
Ans: Architecture of Abinitio consists of
GDE (Graphical Development Environment)
Enterprise meta-surroundings (EME)
Q13. What is MAX CORE of a element?
Ans: MAX CORE is the gap consumed by using a element this is used for calculations
Each factor has exceptional MAX COREs
Component performances could be motivated with the aid of the MAX CORE’s contribution
The system may also slow down / fasten if a wrong MAX CORE is about
Q14. How to run a graph infinitely?
Ans: To run a graph infinitely…The .Ksh graph file must be called via the give up script in the graph.If the graph name is abc.Mp then the graph need to call the abc.Ksh report.
Q15. Explain PDL with an example?
Ans: To make a graph behave dynamically, PDL is used
Suppose there may be a want to have a dynamic discipline this is to be added to a predefined DML whilst executing the graph Then a graph stage parameter can be described
Utilize this parameter even as embedding the DML in output port.
For Example : outline a parameter named myfield with a price “string(“ call;”
Use $mystring at the time of embedding the dml in out port.
Use $substitution as an interpretation choice
Q16. Describe the factors you will assessment to ensure multiple scheduled batch jobs do not collide with every different?
Ans: Because every activity depend on any other process for example if you first job result is successfull then every other activity will execute in any other case your task doesn’t work.
Q17. Explain the techniques to enhance performance of a graph?
Ans: The following are the methods to enhance the overall performance of a graph :
• Make certain that a restricted variety of additives are used in a selected section
• Implement the use of optimum price of max center values for the reason of sorting and joining additives.
• Utilize the minimum quantity of kind components
• Utilize the minimal range of sorted join additives and update them by in-reminiscence join / hash be a part of, if wished and feasible
• Restrict simplest the needed fields in type, reformat, be a part of additives
• Utilize phasing or drift buffers while merged or looked after joins
• Use looked after join, whilst two inputs are large, otherwise use hash be part of
Q18. What is Sort Component in Abinitio?
Ans: The Sort Component in Abinitio re-orders the statistics. It incorporates of parameters “Key” and “Max-middle”.
• Key: It is one of the parameters for sort factor which determines the collation order
• Max-middle: This parameter controls how often the type component dumps information from reminiscence to disk
Q19. Describe the system steps you'll carry out while defragmenting a records table. This desk contains undertaking important facts?
Ans: There are numerous approaches to do this:
1) We can pass the table within the equal or other tablespace and rebuild all the indexes at the desk.
Adjust table <
this interest reclaims the defragmented space in the table
analyze desk table_name compute data to seize the up to date records.
2)Reorg can be performed by means of taking a unload of the table, truncate the desk and import the sell off returned into the desk.
Q20. We recognize rollup component in Abinitio is used to summarize institution of information record then why do we use aggregation?
• Aggregation and Rollup, each are used to summarize the statistics.
• Rollup is plenty better and convenient to apply.
• Rollup can carry out a few extra functionality, like enter filtering and output filtering of facts.
• Aggregate does now not display the intermediate effects in most important memory, in which as Rollup can.
• Analyzing a particular summarization is much less difficult compared to Aggregations.
Q21. How are you able to pressure the optimizer to use a specific index?
Ans: Use suggestions /*+ <hint> */, those acts as directives to the optimizer
Q22. Have you used rollup issue? Describe how?
Ans: If the user wants to institution the information on particular field values then rollup is fine manner to do that. Rollup is a multi-level remodel feature and it incorporates the following mandatory functions.
Also need to claim one temporary variable if you want to get counts of a specific organization.
For each of the institution, first it does call the initialise function once, followed by way of rollup function calls for each of the facts inside the institution and subsequently calls the finalise characteristic as soon as on the end of closing rollup name.
Q23. Mention what records does a .Dbc document extension presents to hook up with the database?
Ans: The .Dbc extension affords the GDE with the statistics to connect to the database are
• Name and version range of the information-base to which you want to attach
• Name of the computer on which the data-base example or server to that you want to connect runs, or on which the database remote access software program is established
• Name of the server, database instance or issuer to which you want to hyperlink
Q24. Mention how will you connect EME to Abinitio Server?
Ans: To connect with Abinitio Server, there are several methods like
• Set AB_AIR_ROOT
• Login to EME net interface- http://serverhost:[serverport]/abinitio
• Through GDE, you could connect to EME statistics-keep
• Through air-command
Q25. Describe the Evaluation of Parameters order.
Ans: Following is the order of evaluation:
• Host setup script can be completed first
• All Common parameters, that is, blanketed , are evaluated
• All Sandbox parameters are evaluated
• The venture script – venture-start.Ksh is achieved
• All shape parameters are evaluated
• Graph parameters are evaluated
• The Start Script of graph is accomplished