XHTML represents EXtensible HyperText Markup Language. It is the following stage in the development of the web. The XHTML 1.0 is the primary archive type in the XHTML family.
XHTML is practically indistinguishable from HTML 4.01 with just not many contrasts. This is a cleaner and stricter form of HTML 4.01. In the event that you definitely know HTML, at that point you have to concentrate on become familiar with this most recent rendition of HTML.
XHTML was created by World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) to help web designers make the change from HTML to XML. By relocating to XHTML today, web designers can enter the XML world with the entirety of its advantages, while as yet staying positive about the regressive and future similarity of the substance.
Why Use XHTML?
Developers who relocate their substance to XHTML 1.0 get the accompanying advantages −
- XHTML reports are XML acclimating as they are promptly seen, altered, and approved with standard XML apparatuses.
- XHTML reports can be composed to work better than they did before in existing programs just as in new programs.
- XHTML reports can use applications, for example, contents and applets that depend upon either the HTML Document Object Model or the XML Document Object Model.
- XHTML gives you an increasingly predictable, all around organized organization so your site pages can be handily parsed and handled by present and future internet browsers.
- You can without much of a stretch look after, alter, convert and organization your record over the long haul.
- Since XHTML is an official standard of the W3C, your site turns out to be progressively good with numerous programs and it is rendered all the more precisely.
- XHTML joins quality of HTML and XML. Likewise, XHTML pages can be rendered by all XML empowered programs.
- XHTML characterizes quality standard for your website pages and on the off chance that you follow that, at that point your site pages are considered quality pages. The W3C guarantees those pages with their quality stamp.
<title>This is an example of bad HTML</title>
<p>This is a paragraph
XHTML doesn't facilitate you to make badly formed code to be XHTML compatible. Unlike with HTML (where simple errors (like missing out a closing tag) are ignored by the browser), XHTML code must be exactly how it is specified to be.
Web Developers and internet browser originators are continually finding better approaches to communicate their thoughts through new markup dialects. In XML, it is generally simple to present new components or extra component traits. The XHTML family is intended to suit these augmentations through XHTML modules and procedures for growing new XHTML-adjusting modules. These modules grant the blend of existing and new highlights at the hour of creating substance and planning new client operators.
Before we continue further, let us have a snappy view on what are HTML, XML, and SGML.
What is SGML?
This is Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) application fitting in with International Standard ISO 8879. HTML is generally viewed as the standard distributing language of the World Wide Web.
This is a language for depicting markup dialects, especially those utilized in electronic report trade, record the board, and archive distributing. HTML is a case of a language characterized in SGML.
What is XML?
XML represents EXtensible Markup Language. XML is a markup language much like HTML and it was intended to portray information. XML labels are not predefined. You should characterize your own labels as indicated by your necessities.