SAP Enterprise Portal (EP) Interview Questions and Answers
Q1.What is SAP Enterprise Portal?
Ans: SAP EP offers users position-specific, Web-based totally and secure get entry to to all applicable information, applications and offerings. Employees best want a computing device and a Web Browser, and might start work when they were authenticated inside the portal
Q2. What additives does SAP Enterprise Portal contain?
Ans: SAP Enterprise Portal contains the NetWeaver additives Portal, Knowledge Management, and Collaboration. In addition, SAP affords pre-described content material. At the instant the portfolio contains more than one hundred enterprise applications, which might be shipped in a couple of languages.
Q3. What gear does SAP provide for growing portal content?
Ans: SAP presents gear for developing and developing portal content – relying at the target organization and the complexity of the programs.
One distinguishes among
• Portal Content Studio: An management surroundings incorporated in SAP Enterprise Portal this is used for code-free improvement of portal content the use of wizards.
• SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer: Model-based development of portal content through absolutely the use of picture equipment.
• SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio (Web Dynpro perspective): Based at the effective Web Dynpro programming version, application developers can broaden Web user interfaces for professional commercial enterprise applications.
• SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio (J2EE + PDK perspective): The SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio gives complete help whilst developing Java tasks.
• SAP ABAP Workbench: The ABAP Workbench provides the Business Server Page (BSP) technology for creating Web person interfaces.
All the portal content created the use of these gear can be seamlessly integrated in SAP Enterprise Portal the use of the portal offerings already supplied.
Q4. What are the important thing functions of the portal?
Ans: Typical examples for the integration technology are:
• Client Eventing: Enables iViews to speak with one another on the customer facet and to communicate with the portal itself.
• Work Protect: Function providing an infrastructure for handling unsaved statistics in portal applications, as an example if customers navigate within the portal without first having stored their entries in an application.
• Session Management: Contains in particular the session patience to keep the ultimate consultation popularity of the consumer (for instance when navigating to any other portal web page) in addition to a server consultation termination function for liberating resources on the backend device (for example while final the browser).
• Portal Navigation: SAP Enterprise Portal gives more than honestly navigation between man or woman portal pages, specially.
• Object-primarily based navigation (OBN): It provides users with a navigation feature based totally on the actual business items from productive backend structures.
• Drag & Relate: iViews can include objects representing enterprise factors of a backend application (as an instance client). If customers pull such an item, as with Drag & Drop, and relate it to every other object within the Drag&Relate goal item region, they can navigate between distinctive programs containing comparable, however not equal business objects.
• Dynamic Navigation: The portal allows you to assign navigation gadgets to pages and iViews as context-sensitive dynamic navigation iViews. This manner that navigation objectives are provided dynamically depending at the movement selected.
Q5. Which safety features does SAP Enterprise Portal offer?
Ans: The portal offers the subsequent protection functions to assist hold your portal comfortable.
• Authentication: When users access the portal, they have to provide some form of identification in the shape of consumer ID and password, patron certificates, and so forth. The portal supports authentication with consumer ID and password, X.509 certificates, integrated Windows authentication, outside Web access control gear.
• Single Sign-On: Once customers have efficiently logged directly to the portal, they can access all facts, packages, and offerings without repeatedly having to log on.
• Authorization: ACL-primarily based permissions ensure that customers can best access portal items for which they have the required authorization. Authorization for programs included inside the portal is handled by way of the structures on which the applications run.
• User Management: Existing corporate LDAP directories for your gadget landscape can be leveraged through the portal. Alternatively consumer information may be retrieved from a SAP Web Application Server ABAP or from a database.
• Secure Communications: Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Secure Network Communications (SNC) can be used to build a at ease channel between the user’s Web browser, the portal server, and backend structures.
• Secure community architecture: Recommendations for at ease network architecture for the portal are to be had in the Portal Security Guide.
• Security logging: Security-applicable occasions together with consumer logon, or changes to permissions, are logged.
Q6. How is consumer control applied in SAP Enterprise Portal?
Ans: The portal makes use of the ‘User Management Engine’ (UME) that's an integral a part of SAP Web Application Server Java. The UME manages consumer and person-related records (roles, groups) which can be retrieved from an LDAP directory, a SAP Web Application Server Java, a database, or a combination of those. Administration equipment allowing you to manage customers, organizations, and roles are integrated inside the portal person administrator role. A configuration tool for configuring the UME is incorporated in the portal system administrator role.
In addition, the UME presents many features consisting of self-registration with approval workflow, notification emails, and so forth.
Q7. What is the connection among Web Dynpro and SAP Enterprise Portal? Are iViews and Web Dynpro competing technology?
Ans: Web Dynpro is Sap’s programming model for growing expert and interactive Web consumer interfaces for business applications.
An iView is a logical portal content module representing a visible software or part of one. One or greater iViews are combined on a portal web page, that is then assigned to customers with the aid of the function definition. Web Dynpro UIs are incorporated in SAP Enterprise Portal with iViews.
Q8. What personalization features does SAP Enterprise Portal provide?
Ans: Portal roles are a significant element of SAP Enterprise Portal. They shape the content material and are defined for particular end users.
A function is a set of assignment-precise content material. Roles are defined primarily based on responsibilities and areas of interest, and are created through a position administrator. A user can be assigned one or extra roles (as an instance, the roles employee and group of workers). The roles outline the content of the portal navigation as well as the content of the portal. Role assignment can consequently be visible as a pre-personalization of the portal - a personalization this is executed by using the administrator and no longer through the person (personalization degree 1). Depending on their permissions, customers can also alter the look and feel of the portal, keep person-particular attributes (personalization degree 2), exchange portal pages by including or deleting iViews (personalization stage three), and personalize person iViews (personalization level 4).
Q9. How can I combine the user control of the portal with that of other structures?
Ans: The portal person management could be very bendy and lets in you to apply a selection of repositories for storing and retrieving person records. In precise, it permits you to leverage present person repositories to your device as opposed to having to installation a brand new person repository.
For instance, in case you are using your portal in a system landscape that consists of many non-SAP systems, you could provide a critical user base the usage of an LDAP directory and configure the portal to use the LDAP listing as its consumer repository.
On the alternative hand, if you are using your portal in a device landscape that includes SAP structures most effective, you could set up Central User Administration (CUA) on one of the ABAP-based structures and configure your portal to apply the ABAP user management as its user repository.
Q10. Where can I find extra statistics about person management and protection within the portal?
Ans: Visit Sap’s safety pages in SAP Service Marketplace at carrier.Sap.Com/protection. You can find the Portal Security Guide with guidelines on how to secure your portal at provider.Sap.Com/securityguide. Documentation on security and person management is available at the Help Portal at help.Sap.Com/nw04.