The PL/SQL programming language was created by Oracle Corporation in the last part of the 1980s as procedural augmentation language for SQL and the Oracle social data set. Following are sure eminent realities about PL/SQL −
- PL/SQL is a totally compact, superior exchange preparing language.
- PL/SQL gives an inherent, deciphered and OS free programming climate.
- PL/SQL can likewise straightforwardly be called from the order line SQL*Plus interface.
- Direct call can likewise be produced using outside programming language calls to data set.
- PL/SQL's overall punctuation depends on that of ADA and Pascal programming language.
- Aside from Oracle, PL/SQL is accessible in TimesTen in-memory information base and IBM DB2.
Features of PL/SQL
PL/SQL has the accompanying highlights −
- PL/SQL is firmly incorporated with SQL.
- It offers broad blunder checking.
- It offers various information types.
- It offers an assortment of programming structures.
- It upholds organized programming through capacities and techniques.
- It underpins object-arranged programming.
- It underpins the advancement of web applications and worker pages.
Advantages of PL/SQL
PL/SQL has the accompanying preferences −
- SQL is the standard data set language and PL/SQL is firmly incorporated with SQL. PL/SQL upholds both static and dynamic SQL. Static SQL underpins DML activities and exchange control from PL/SQL block. In Dynamic SQL, SQL permits implanting DDL proclamations in PL/SQL blocks.
- PL/SQL permits sending a whole square of articulations to the data set at one time. This lessens network traffic and gives superior to the applications.
- PL/SQL gives high profitability to developers as it can question, change, and update information in a data set.
- PL/SQL saves time on plan and investigating by solid highlights, for example, exemption dealing with, embodiment, information covering up, and object-situated information types.
- Applications written in PL/SQL are completely versatile.
- PL/SQL gives high security level.
- PL/SQL gives admittance to predefined SQL bundles.
- PL/SQL offers help for Object-Oriented Programming.
- PL/SQL offers help for creating Web Applications and Server Pages.